Subject: [Leica] IMG: from a hike along the Aqua Fria, Black Canyon AZ
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Dec 31 09:36:24 2006

At 11:53 AM 12/31/2006, you wrote:
>Canon 1DsMkII with 24-70 f2.8L lens. NOT my choice of a camera to take
>hiking. I need to figure a way to carry this on  my back. My idea is
>something that resembles how arrows are carried by bowmen so I can
>reach behind me and pull it out over my shoulder. I've never seen a
>rig like this, have you?
>
>Adam Bridge

There's a bag made by LowePro that is called the Sling and works
something like this.  I have it and use it for the Canons.  It will
hold one big camera and two extra lenses with plenty of pockets for
cards and batteries.  It's the smallest camera bag I have that will
hold the Canon 1DMII.
http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Sling_Bags/Designed_for_Digital/SlingShot_100_AW.aspx
It swings around to the front and opens forward while holding it flat
against your chest.  Like in view 11 on the web page.

It's a good bag to take hiking.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com