Subject: [Leica] Best flash for M8?
From: lucien_vd at mac.com (lucien_vd@mac.com)
Date: Thu Dec 28 01:25:11 2006

Dear Frank,

The DMR + R8 or R9 use a similar sensor than the M8, and the same
shutter.

The shutter was designed long before the DMR.

The DMR is working up to 1/8000th in manual mode.

Do you really think that the DMR is capable to order the R8/R9
shutter to slow down to 1/250 when manually set on 1/8000 on the
camera body ?

And how do you explain that on the DMR  you can use the HSS flash
mode, which is a high speed flash mode between 1/350 and  1/8000 ?

AFAIK, the M8 and DMR sensors are both working with a slit shutter
working steplessly up to 1/8000, as stated in all the Leica
literature that you will find on the following web sites.

Lucien

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0609/06091501kodakccdleicam8.asp#press

http://www.leica-camera.us/photography/r_system/digital-modul-r/

http://www.leica-camera.us/photography/m_system/m8/