Subject: [Leica] Ted's comments about M8 and 35/1.2 Nokton use
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Dec 27 21:05:09 2006

Scott Gregory asked:

> Ted:
>
> You mentioned a few weeks ago about using your 35/12. Nokton ASPH  on your
> M8 and how much you enjoyed the combination.
>
> Recently I've talked to a dealer about that lens and they advise that they
> tried it on an M8 and it did not seem to couple at 1.2. No further
> explanation provided to me.
> Ted, have you any indication that this is a problem with the Voigtlander
> 35 1.2 on an M8?

Scott mon ami,
As I'm sure you know by now I'm the least technical photographer around.:-)
I just use things and as long as they work for me it's fine. With no more
thought than keep it simple and if it works, it's OK? What the hell, go with
it!" ;-)

So this is exactly how it, the VC f 1.2, 35mm lens was used and it's
results. Quite frankly I never care about what other people find as I'm only
interested in what the lens or camera I have in hand works.... all the other
opinions are meaningless! I know that might tick off a few, ;-) but what the
hell it isn't a perfect world! ;-)

I bought the VC 35 1.2 lens to match with my Noctilux, unfortunately it
didn't arrive in time for me to use while shooting the B&W book  "Women in
Medicine."

So the lens sat in it's box until the M8 turned up to play with. And  I
thought this is a good time to try the lens. So I clicked it into place,
looked through viewfinder, focused and took pictures from wide open to
stopped down a few,  taking pictures for my next book!:-)

As simple as that! Sorry no other details as they'd be meaningless, unless I
didn't find the lens and camera worked well together. They were fine!:-)

Quite frankly, I was blown away with the quality of the "captured M8
images!"

As far as your dealer "coupling?" I wouldn't guess at what they did or
didn't find. Mine worked fine and for me that's all that counts in my book.

I'm sorry if this doesn't answer your question. Other than I didn't find,
nor have any screw-up when the lens and camera were clicked together, used
almost without thought other than the composition in the viewfinder & giving
me correct focus and exposure. An some neat looking images. :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from s_gregory1 at mac.com (Scott Gregory) ([Leica] Ted's comments about M8 and 35/1.2 Nokton use)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Best flash for M8?)
Message from s_gregory1 at mac.com (Scott Gregory) ([Leica] Ted's comments about M8 and 35/1.2 Nokton use)