Subject: [Leica] Best flash for M8?
From: harrison at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Tue Dec 26 19:17:37 2006

Leonard Taupier wrote:
> Harrison,
>
> That's a Leica quote. Right off their web site. In Leica terms that's
> pretty fast. The normal sync of the M7 is 1/50.
>
> Len

Yeah..and what I was alluding to is that even though Leica is trying to
get into the modern world, a 1/250 sync speed is very old news in the
world of photography.  IMHO the 1/50 or whatever it is on my M6 is a
huge draw back, is bad for flash fill in the sun or to try and light a
location and keep ugly ambient out of color slide film.  To me the
rangefinder is excellent for flash as you see the moment of exposure and
see the flash pop, unlike on an slr where the shutter is in the way.

Lets face it some camera flash systems sync up to 1/1000 of a
second...that is extremely fast, not 1/250...1/250 is the "new" 1/60 of
flash sync...it is the standard sync speed, not some new fangled thing.

I know I know....we are talking about Leica here.  LOL

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography

Message from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] Best flash for M8?)