Subject: [Leica] IMG: Another Comparison
From: rdandcb at home.netspeed.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Sat Dec 23 16:25:26 2006

Hi Tina, all.

The guys on the Leica forum have been using IR filters of the kind to
be provided by Leica, with excellent results.  I'd suggest people go
and have a look before getting upset about the M8's IR light
sensitivity.  Apart from colour correction, the other benefit of the
IR filter is that it will improve sharpness - the IR light rays
refract differently from the coloured light we do want to reach the
sensor.  Perhaps this is the problem with the candle and flag picture
- it is swamped with IR which is causing overall blurring of visible
band light rays.

Have you been able to try IR filters yet?

Regards and happy Christmas,

Rick.