Subject: [Leica] IMG: my new rangefinder
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Dec 23 16:17:21 2006

On 12/23/06 5:00 PM, "Rei Shinozuka" <shino@panix.com> typed:

> the rumor is that the 320 is designed for studio use and has different
> response curve than the 400 stuff.  i was mildly prejudiced against
> the 320 because the late fred picker used to go really rail against
> it in his zone VI book, but i have used it here and there without
> complaint.
>
> (from 2000)
> http://www.shinozuka.org/monochrome/mono.html
> http://www.shinozuka.org/2000.6zoo/zoo.html
>
> -rei

if you look like at the book with all the H&R curves in it its not tri x.
It may have just as well been called Ektalure.
Or some other Kodak name which has made money for them in the past.
I use it as I like 220 a lot but don't love it.
Feel like just about anything I run in Xtol 1:3 comes out great.
Ansel used it which I find spurring.
As the curve is not really designed for his use as I understand it.
Easier to find than the Ilford options which are probably no longer.

I have real nice Hewes 220 reels.
If you're gong to run a standard liter tank of film you might as well get 48
shots out of it not 24. That's what I always say.

I" sure it looks great in Beutlers and Pyro and others.

But I'd not underexpose it. Not over.

Mark Rabiner
New York, NY
40?47'59.79"N