Subject: [Leica] Filter for the M8 B+W 486
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu Dec 21 19:25:14 2006

Hennning.... I agree that the angle of incidence will effect the pass
band..... but I am not sure how much..... and if it is within
the specs of the filter tolerance itself....  I don't know.

But we seem to agree that the filter mounted in front of the lens has the
same issues.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

A fairly small change in the angle of incidence can negate the effect
of an interference filter. I don't want to do the calculation right
now, but I wouldn't be surprised if the differences in the Leica M
and DSLR incidence angles are enough to greatly influence the outcome.

Hot filters in front of the lens would have a similar problem, though.

Replies: Reply from eduardoalbesi at ciudad.com.ar (Eduardo Albesi) ([Leica] Filter for the M8 B+W 486)