Subject: [Leica] IMG: Big Brother
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Dec 21 18:12:09 2006

At 09:18 PM 12/21/2006, you wrote:
>Tina, I'm interested in looking back on your work how you are
>shifting to colour more and more. I think here the colour image is
>stronger, but perhaps because the b/w conversion looks too harsh.
>Have you thought about using the M8 purely as a b/w image maker for a
>while till the filters arrive? I suspect your images would be very
>strong going back to b/w, and it would allow you to sort out the
>other M8 handling issues.

Thanks, Alastair.  I think you're right.  I'm going to quit worrying
about the color issues with the M8 and use it like a film camera
loaded with B&W film.  I just went back through several days of M8
photos and viewed them in Breezebrowser on the View as B&W setting
and it was such a relief not to wince at the "off" colors.  I used to
carry the M6's and 7's with B&W film and the R's with color film so I
guess for now it will be M8 for B&W digital and Canon for color digital ;-)

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com

Message from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] IMG: Big Brother)