Subject: [Leica] Filter for the M8 B+W 486
From: durling at cox.net (Mike Durling)
Date: Thu Dec 21 15:35:09 2006

I suspect that the reflection may not be that much of a problem because
other manufacturers seem to be using these coatings.  The problem with
the oblique light rays passing through the coatings may be valid since
Leica lenses are different in this regard, or are at least
non-retrofocus design for the most part.

I am also guessing that they aren't fixing this problem on the already
manufactured cameras because it is necessary to apply this coating at
the factory and might require a difficult dismantling of the sensor
block to retrofit it, or a replacement.

Guesses all.

Mike D

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Filter for the M8 B+W 486)