Subject: [Leica] Re:The slippery slope - "digital"?
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu Dec 21 09:55:58 2006

At 5:06 PM +0000 12/21/06, grduprey@mchsi.com wrote:
>Chris,
>
>What about mount size discrepencies?  Jus tlooking at the R mount
>along side the Nikon mount, the R mount is much larger.
>
>Gene
>

>-------------- Original message from "Christopher Williams"
><leicachris@worldnet.att.net>: --------------
>

>>  I've seen a few Leica R lenses on Ebay that have hand made AIS adapters.
>>
>  > Chris
>  >

The smaller Nikon mount might cause a bit of vignetting with some
lenses, but not on Nikon digital bodies. Those all use small sensors.

BTW, the adaptations of R to Nikon AIS has all been by replacing the
Leica mount with an AIS mount, not by slipping an adapter in between.
There isn't room.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design