Subject: [Leica] the Canon Noctilux...
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue Dec 19 18:57:23 2006

Steve,
Yes, I have played around with one and will probably buy one. (One of the
first ones out is available to rent here in Atlanta).  It focuses
faster(same range however) than the new 85 1.2II Canon.  It is virtually
flare free but not as good as a Noctilux.  Sharpness is good and pretty flat
field but not as good as the Summilux ASPH.  Stunningly sharp by 2.8 and
here as good as anything out there.

As to Walts comments, you pays your money for build quality, lower
distortion, better flare resistance, sharper with much better edge contrast
and oh, by the way it is an F1.2.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com