Subject: [Leica] Re: Simplicity
From: larry.k at rcn.com (larry.k@rcn.com)
Date: Tue Dec 19 09:51:03 2006

Larry Z wrote:

<<Nepalese holy men have a rule that one can only own 128 things. Each item
counts. A pair of socks counts for two. Owning more than 128 items bars you
from nirvana,>>

  Do you miss out on nirvana if you ever exceed the 128 limit during your
lifetime or are you allowed to unload everything five minutes before you
expire? ;-)Do you have a list of the rules? I'm just wondering if I still
have a chance at nirvana.

  I knew a guy once who went from a four bedroom house to a townhouse, to a
2 bedroom apartment, to a one bedroom apartment, to a studio apartment, to a
boat (cabin cruiser). I met him during his boat days. Whenever he grew to
dislike his neighbors he pulled anchor and found another neighborhood!

  As for all this talk of cars, I don't need one of those things in New York
and don't miss owning one. My carfree lifestyle probably saves me $5k-10k a
year. As for possessions, I have a general rule that for something to come
into my apartment, something else has to leave. As long as the flows are in
balance, there are no problems. Everything has to prove its worth, if it is
not used, then out it goes! Keeps eBay in business..

  Regards,

  Larry

Replies: Reply from montoid at earthlink.net (Montie) ([Leica] Re: Simplicity)
Reply from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] Re: Simplicity)