Subject: [Leica] IMG A Sunday Walk
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Dec 18 21:22:54 2006

OK, Len. I can see the foggy conditions, of course. It must be the grass and
tree detail that I've wrongly perceived as a little
gritty (sharpened). The two horses contain both your black point and white
point. On my screen the horses have lost detail. However,
a print would be a better reproduction, I'm sure. Regarding the dense negs,
I'm leaning now to 10 to 20% underdevelopment, since my
aim is for negs to scan with my Coolscan. Those suggestions came from Marty
in Adelaide. How I wish E6 or C41 was as easy at home,
infinitely easier to generate those smooth tones and lack of apparent grain
when scanning and inkjet bw printing at home.

Cheers
Hoppy