Subject: [Leica] Re: Stolen Leica
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Sun Dec 17 17:18:13 2006

At 07:53 PM 12/17/2006, Lawrence Zeitlin wrote:

 >Report the theft to the police, including the serial numbers of the
 >equipment. Then report it to your homeowners insurance company
 >referencing the police report. Most homeowners policies cover theft
 >from the household premises or from a locked vehicle. It worked for
 >me when I had a Leica stolen. By this time the Leica has probably
 >been pawned for drug money. Your chance of recovering it is roughly
 >the same as winning the lottery.

Larry

It is a sadder thing than that.  Probably by now
the camera is sitting in a trashdump.  The thief
will rapidly learn that Leica has NO value in the
"hot" market and nobody will buy the gear from
them -- these guys are NOT camera pros but
stealers and retailers and they only want
saleable gear and Leica isn't a word heard often
on the street.  They are MUCH more interested in
your MP3 gear and your IPOD's and your Canon and
Nikon digital gear than in Leica.  That they
stole by accident and will throw away after their
first discussion with a fence.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!