Subject: [Leica] IMG end of the world
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Sat Dec 16 07:37:14 2006

Sounds almost exactly like my early years. After 4 years of working
my way up from sweeper to assistant to occasional shooter in a
commercial studio; I went into photo journalism. And when I told the
process camera guy that his halftones of my images sucked and made
suggestions for improvement; he said, "well why don't you just do 'em
yourself then." So I did - until I could no longer afford the hour to
dollar ratio. Them were the days as far as controlling ones image
from shoot to press. And it was great, joyful work - but the new wife
and daughter didn't see it that way. Never home and ridiculous pay.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com

Replies: Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] IMG end of the world)