Subject: [Leica] M8 "problems" questions...
From: larry.k at rcn.com (larry.k@rcn.com)
Date: Thu Dec 14 04:02:04 2006

  Congratulations on your new M8. I think you should always format the card
in
the M8, not in your PC. I think this is the safest thing to do. Format the
card
each time after you download the pictures to your computer.

  Let us know if that works better.

  Check Leica's list of approved cards:

http://www.leica-camera.us/photography/m_system/m8/

Click on "Know How" on the right side of the screen. I have had some trouble
with the SanDIsk Extreme III 2 gig card, which happens to not be on the
list. I'm
not sure if this is an oversight on Leica's part or intentional.

  Regards,

  Larry

I finely have the m8 in my hands.

 The fist thing that I didn?t like is that it doesn?t come with any card!
Just a small
one so I could try the camera!

 I charged the battery and put an old 512 card that I found at home and fist
shots?

 I dell all, shot some more, dell a few and in the end after clearing the
card, the
camera start to give me the information that the card was full!

 I put it in the PC and format it. I put it again in the  camera and it says
that the
card full? I try to dell the photos in the camera and it doesn?t let me? I
try to
see the photos and it doesn?t let me?

 Probably it?s a default card?

 Any one experiences any problems of this kind?

 Today I will buy a new card. Any suggestion? Size, speed, etc?

 B regards from Portugal
 Bernardo feio

Replies: Reply from bernardofeio at yahoo.com.br (bernardo feio) ([Leica] M8 "problems" questions...)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] M8 "problems" questions...)