Subject: [Leica] IMG: Ixil Girl
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed Dec 13 17:42:46 2006

At 05:47 PM 12/13/2006, you wrote:
>Ouch! That looks more like a burn.
>
>A lovely photo, but then they always are from you.
>
>Peter

Thanks, Peter.  Yes, we treat them as burns in the clinics.  The thing is
that all of the houses in this remote community are surrounded by huge aloe
plants.  We've tried to show them how you can take the aloe and put it on
their cheeks.  Some of the more adventuresome mothers will try it and some
of the older women remember using it when they were children, but most
think that unless it's in a bottle with a label, it's not medicine.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] IMG: Ixil Girl)