Subject: [Leica] Pros over here still shootign Leica as their primary tool ?
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed Dec 13 13:53:35 2006

At 03:37 PM 12/13/2006, you wrote:
>Yet I'm new here, but I know there are at least several well
>established and widely respected professional photographer on LUG
>(Ted, Tina and others that I hope to meet eventially), I wonder who
>out of all of you still use Leica (or RF in general) as their
>primary tool and for what kind of assignments ?
>Thanks, Alex

Alex -  All of the pros that I know have switched to digital.  The
market has demanded it and it doesn't really make sense to stick with
film when it's so hard these days to find it, develop it, take it on
airplanes, scan it, file it, etc., etc.  I don't miss film at all.  I
was using Leica rangefinders almost exclusively with some R's
occasionally.  I shot lots of high speed film with fast Leica lenses
so when I switched to digital I looked for the digital camera that
did the best job with high ISOs.  That's Canon.  I've been using the
Canon 5D and 1DMII for all assignments and documentary work.  Now I
have the M8 and will add that to my camera bag for most
assignments.  I'll probably use it a lot for documentary work.  I
love rangefinders and the M lenses and am glad to have the
opportunity to go back to them.

Hope this helps.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA