Subject: [Leica] IMG: my new rangefinder
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon Dec 11 09:18:45 2006

Hi Colin,

I (and other people who shoot film) am fortunate in that Amsterdam
has the best pro lab I have seen anywhere, s-Color. They have
developed every single roll I have shot since moving to the
Netherlands in early 2003, including traditional and chromogenic B&W,
Agfa Scala, E6--all in both 35mm and medium format. They have never
failed me in any way. I think that part of my motivation for not
abandoning film entirely is a subconscious desire to help keep people
like s-Color in business.

You can read more about them here: http://www.scolor.nl/index2.html.
The site is mostly in Dutch, but if you phone them, I am sure they
speak English. They used to be open on weekends, and until midnight
on weekdays, but nowadays with the lower volume of film processing
they are only open Monday-Friday. Since I live 40 km from Amsterdam
and work even further away, they have set up an account for me--I
send them the film, they send me back the negatives/slides (one-day
turnaround), and once in a while they send me a bill. So in principle
they should be able to do the same for you in the UK; the postage
cost would be slightly higher, but other than that I see no reason
why not.

Another option is for you to mail me your exposed Scala and I will
have it developed and send the film back to you. If you want to
pursue that option, contact me off-list.

Cheers,
Nathan