Subject: [Leica] High ISOs Comparison
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Dec 7 05:15:55 2006

At 01:09 AM 12/7/2006, you wrote:
>Something in this isn't right, Tina.  I think the 5D is pretty
>amazing, but I'm seeing better high ISO performance than your tests
>show from the M8.  I did a quick-and-dirty run of your test in my
>office, and put the results up on a web page.  Take a look, if you
>care to...
>
>http://homepage.mac.com/xrogers/page1/page1.html
>
>Until later,
>
>Clyde Rogers

Hi, Clyde -  One difference would be that I did absolutely no
adjusting when converting the RAW and I used Capture One which comes
with the M8.  I wanted to see the unmanipulated results from each
camera.  I did say I wasn't sure what that would prove since all
digital photos require some adjusting - white balance, sharpening,
noise removal - whatever.  I didn't want to test the conversion
software.  I had already done that with another experiment:
http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/comparisons
And I got such a wide range from each software I tested, I didn't
want to throw the variables of the different conversion software into
this experiment.  I know I can get better results from the M8  at
2500 using white balance, noise removers, etc.
http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/69803984
but that is not what I was testing this time.

Thanks,

Tina

Replies: Reply from xrogers at comcast.net (Clyde Rogers) ([Leica] High ISOs Comparison)
Reply from telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr) ([Leica] High ISOs Comparison)