Subject: [Leica] High ISOs Comparison
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Wed Dec 6 14:48:29 2006

Tina, thanks for putting these up for us to review. The Leica/Kodak sensor
has a long way to go on these images, though I like the sharpness of the
Leica images, the noise comparision is NO comparison.
This makes the M8 less useful I'm sure, but it is the first of its
generation, and I presume a lot more work will be done to improve the
results. Canon is clearly the leading vendor of digital cameras, but I
remain happy that Leica is providing an option (along with Nikon etc)
because I do not believe that Canon will produce a rangefinder camera for
my lenses

Cheers