Subject: [Leica] High ISOs Comparison
From: firkin at (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Wed Dec 6 14:48:29 2006

Tina, thanks for putting these up for us to review. The Leica/Kodak sensor
has a long way to go on these images, though I like the sharpness of the
Leica images, the noise comparision is NO comparison.
This makes the M8 less useful I'm sure, but it is the first of its
generation, and I presume a lot more work will be done to improve the
results. Canon is clearly the leading vendor of digital cameras, but I
remain happy that Leica is providing an option (along with Nikon etc)
because I do not believe that Canon will produce a rangefinder camera for
my lenses

> Tina
> Thanks for doing those comparison shots. What I think? The results were to
> be expected. Canon @ ISO3600 beats Leica @ ISO2500 hands down. Shooting
> with available light seems to be a Canon thing in these digital days.
> Didier
>>Photo People:
>>Several people have asked me how the M8 compares to the Canon 5D at high
>> ISOs.  I did some experiments this morning and posted the results.  These
>> were all converted using Capture One with no adjustments at all.  The
>> crops are all at actual pixel size. In my opinion, there's no contest.
>>What do you think?

Message from rangefinder at (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] High ISOs Comparison)