Subject: [Leica] Re: High ISOs Comparison
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed Dec 6 09:34:35 2006

On 12/6/06, Steve Barbour <kididdoc@cox.net> wrote:
> Tina , thank you...
>
> "no contest" is a gentle way to put it....  the appearance of these
> leica images is a very serious disappointment...

Gee - I've seen a lot of high ISO M8 images posted and Tina's look
EXACTLY like the others. What have you seen that makes you think it
would have been better?

The GOLD STANDARD for high ISO imaging right now are the Canon's with
the 5D leading the way, the 1D MkII series right behind. They are flat
out better than film.

The M8 is probably as good as TMAX 3200 or pushed TRIX but because
it's sensor noise and not grain size (totally different beasts) it's
going to look quite different.

If you want to shoot very high ISO with low-noise then use a Canon
high-end DSLR. You might even use a little Fuji F30 (very nice).
That's not rocket science. I'd like to see how Noise Ninja handles the
Leica image. One of the pleasures of working in the digital domain is
the ability to serious and useful image processing tasks on these
images in a meaningful way.

Since Canon has a lock on the CMOS technology it's highly unlikely
that Leica is going to enter that space. Just a fact of life. They'll
have to work with other sensor manufactures who are also chasing
Canon.

Adam

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Re: High ISOs Comparison)
Message from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Re: High ISOs Comparison)