Subject: [Leica] Wanted: Noctilux
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Dec 1 20:07:16 2006

David Keenan said:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Wanted: Noctilux

> Save a mucho $$$ to buy gifts and get a 35mm Nokton f/1.2 instead.
> It's a sweet (no so little) lens.<<<<

David mon ami,
Interesting to read this, as I too have a Nokton Voigtlander 35mm Aspheric f
1.2 lens for the M camera.

I ordered  it to use during our shooting of the book "Womwn in Medicine."
Unfortunately it arrived just after we'd completed our North American
medical women lives.

I used it the other day, like brand new out of the box, because it's been on
the shelf for what must be a couple of years. And I used it with an M8!! :-)
Incredibly beautiful rendering and sharpness to die for!

Absolutely amazing quality! Quite frankly for the cost it's a sleeper lens
of incredible quality. I suppose the fact it's an Aspheric lens may have
something to do with how sharp it is.

I'd defy anyone to use it, then tell me it wasn't a Leica lens! ;-)
Certainly with an M8! Amazing!

ted

Replies: Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Wanted: Noctilux)