Subject: [Leica] F Flower
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri Dec 1 11:30:00 2006

At 4:52 PM +1000 12/1/06, G Hopkinson wrote:
>Henning you seem to be through the bottleneck now. This sequence
>with the 400 has been extremely enjoyable. That Kodachrome must be
>in our genes; I always mourn it when it shows up.
>
>You have obviously chosen to include the out of focus window frame
>(?) at the base.
>What was your thinking there? I look at it and see it working well
>without that at all. I suppose my eye is expecting that element
>to be in the same focal plane, if it's there.
>You guys post such high quality stuff, I learn a lot from asking
>about your processes.
>Thanks again for a great shot
>Cheers,
>Hoppy

Thanks, Hoppy. Bottleneck?? :-) I post sporadically, but I've been
posting (slightly) for many years. I just came upon some of these
flower shots recently, and inspired by Sonny's contributions I throw
these out as an addition.

The lower edge is the sidewalk. It was the base, and now, if I wanted
to leave it I might darken it in Photoshop, but this is a straight
scan as that's the way I shot it back when, when there was no concept
of manipulating a slide intended purely for projection.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design