Subject: [Leica] So is the Epson RD1 a dog?
From: leowesson at charter.net (leo)
Date: Wed Nov 29 18:24:59 2006

well, i say i am a happy owner, but i would change 2 things if i could:
speed up the transfer from buffer to card (maybe i should buy a
faster card)
and
double  the file size.

it's for the above 2 reasons that i tend not to use the rd1
professionally, although i do carry it as a backup and occasionally
use it for jobs.

other than that, no complaints.  hadn't had any focus problems, love
the interface dial on the top, the menus...battery lasts forever.

i was skeptical when i bought it.  got it from glazers in seattle.
they had a mac there so i borrowed the camera, left them my m7 and my
wallet and took a walk with the rd1, shooting with my  lenses.  got
back to glazers, downloaded the files and looked at them on the mac
in the store and thought: hmm, i can use my m lenses on a digital!
how cool!

purchased the camera.  by the way, glazers is a good store.  got a
nocti from them later.  good prices, good service.  seems like they
do a ralph gibson thing every couple of years...

leo