Subject: [Leica] IMG: some M8 night photographs
From: davison_m at msn.com (MARK DAVISON)
Date: Tue Nov 28 08:45:27 2006

I have posted some night shots taken with the M8 at

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/MarkEDavison/M8+night+shots

These were taken with the M8, a Leica 24 2.8 ASPH and a 77mm (!) Tiffen
hot-mirror filter.  In part I wanted to see if there would be ghosting or
flare around light sources in the photographs, as there have been complaints
that using a filter over the lens to suppress IR would create a great deal
of flare and unwanted reflections.  I don't see that in these examples,
although I think I've detected some ghosting in other shots taken nearly
into the sun.

I have posted rather large images so you can see the detail possible in
hand-held night shots. There is an aircraft with landing lights just visible
in the first photograph of the series.

The photos are rather dark, and this is on purpose. I am trying to match my
visual impression of the scene, and not catch shadow detail that I can't see
with the naked eye.

Mark Davison

Replies: Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] IMG: some M8 night photographs)
Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] IMG: some M8 night photographs)