Subject: [Leica] First test Summicron Collapsible
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Mon Nov 27 15:02:20 2006

At 05:16 PM 11/27/2006, Luis Ripoll wrote:
 >Marc,
 >
 >You have a really nice choice, I'm wondering a IIIG too.... I think you are
 >very right when you say that every lens has his own signature, this is
 >unfortunately for our pockets and true for our enjoyment, absolutely
 >exact!,
 >thanks to this we have more opportunities to play with different toys.

Luis

The great part about this is that, thanks to
eBay, most Leitz normal lenses are now rather
reasonable in price -- an Elmar or a Summar or
Summitar can be scored for not much money, and
only a few have held onto value -- most notably
the 2/5cm Rigid Summicron, the first 1.4/50
Summilux, and that elusive 1.2/50
Noctilux.  Otherwise, most of these guys are now
available at prices which would have caused
vendors to die of apoplexy ten or fifteen years ago.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Message from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] First test Summicron Collapsible)