Subject: [Leica] OT - how can I determine my PC's memory?
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sun Nov 26 15:21:14 2006

Jeffery those first figures are just related to old limitations on how
memory was used waaay back when. I won't bore everyone with
the details. That's only talking about the first megabyte of memory anyway.
Your utility is reporting 256 megabytes of memory. That's really inadequate
to do much with these days, even without Photoshop,
Windows itself is quite sluggish on that. The age of your computer's
motherboard chipset will dictate what memory type and how much
you can install. As you would know RAM modules designs and speeds have
changed frequently as computers evolved.
You may find that it is difficult or uneconomical to add more memory to an
older system.
Cheers
Hoppy