Subject: [Leica] Leica Announcement (before the official announcement)
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Fri Nov 24 08:32:17 2006

Nick Roberts wrote:
> "When using lenses from 16 to 35mm, we suggest opting for the 6-bit coded
> ones, in order to prevent a color offset towards the edges" - sounds
> technical to me.
>
> Nick

I got to play with one today at my local Leica shop - it definitely
handles and looks like a Leica - but there's something missing, though
I'm not quite sure what, maybe the feel of
Vulcanite or leather resting on my nose (I'm left eyed too).  Could be
the soft and subdued click followed by the sigh of the mechanics of a
film Leica is missing too. Any way it didn't want me to get out my Visa.

The quote from Nick sounds like fringing to me, means that something is
off track at the sensor edges for moderate (in relation to sensor size)
wide angle lenses. Is the coding initiating something like DxO in the
software behind our backs?

Douglas

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Leica Announcement (before the official announcement))