Subject: [Leica] toe in the water
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Mon Nov 20 19:19:57 2006

> I don't get it? I'm reading Alastair's posts in Mail.app on a  powerbook
> under OS X 10.4.8 and none of the URLs have been broken,

Yes they have. But Mail.app is able to read what it wreaks. When both sender
and recipient are using the same program, it will un-break the URLs inside
the recipient's program the same way it broke them inside the sender's copy
of that bad program.

But almost no other email program will join the two broken halves back
together, because the internet mail standards documents say that you're not
supposed to do that unless there are <...> around it.

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] toe in the water)
Message from lists at gilplant.com (J. Gilbert Plantinga) ([Leica] toe in the water)