Subject: [Leica] The Negative
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Mon Nov 20 12:42:49 2006

Hello Mr.Binary Brain

Wanted  you to know I'm not anti 1s & 0s at all. Just hit Wal-Mart
looking for some TMY and picked up a 10 meg  Canon 640. It's basically
the same as my 610 but 5 megs higher on the image capture scale. Damned
if when I pushed the button it whirred and clicked. What the heck, are
they trying to make us miss our noisy old F-1s?

I would love to have a digital M that treated my 50mm as a 50mm and my
28 as a wide angle. It would be reasonably study and weather proof and
it would have to run on AA batteries. No need for it to make a noise as
does my M6 but shutter lag is a definate no-no. One other thing, I'd
insist it be free of bugs and not cost as much as 2 MPs.Who wants to be
a financially reaped beta tester?

Walt    (spoiled by Leitz's former QC)