Subject: [Leica] OT, Firefox Problem
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Mon Nov 20 12:19:49 2006

Slobodan, Durling, Brian, Bob:

Thanks for the responses.  Its nice to know I'm not alone.  As I responded
to Tina, it may depend on the power of the machine's processors.  My son is
using FF 2.0 on a multiprocessor machine and, though he saw unusual
processor activity, it didn't stall the machine.  I will look into the
cookie question, but, for now, will stick with IE 7.  My son recommended
unchecking all of the automatic update options.  I had already tried
suggestions from the Firefox forum to create a new profile for Firefox.
Things were fine for three days, then started to deteriorate rapidly.  I
noticed that the original default profile contained a large quantity of
cookies in multiple files, so that could be a clue.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA