Subject: [Leica] M8: "I think it's gonna be all right"
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri Nov 17 12:47:35 2006

I finally had the chance to handle an M5 and frankly I don't
understand all the animosity the camera has garnered. I'd love to own
one of those puppies. I don't know what part of "un-Leica" it upset
but it seemed to fit my hand well and was every bit as usable as the
M6's.

It's appearance and banishment happened long before I entered the
Leica scene. If I had known I'd have bought one of them first!

As for ugly - well - I think Frank Dernie has it right. But the darn
thing WORKS.

Myself - I think the M8 will be great.

What mystifies me is the dramatic anger toward this camera. It's a
V1.0 product with enough lines of code to fill a phone book - a
Manhatten phone book - and it's gonna have issues. I figure about V1.2
the problems will be ironed out.

I'm GLAD it has good IR sensitivity and like using a visible band-pass
filter even though it will add the complexities of another layer of
glass.

Adam