Subject: [Leica] Leica M8 color studies
From: davison_m at msn.com (MARK DAVISON)
Date: Fri Nov 17 08:42:25 2006

Yesterday was a rare day for Seattle this November:  a day of gorgeous
sunshine.  I had some errands to run downtown so I brought my new M8 with an
IR blocking filter mounted and took some snaps of anything that looked
attractively colorful.  The lens was the Leica 24mm 2.8 ASPH and the filter
was a Tiffen standard hot mirror filter. The pictures are at:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/MarkEDavison/M8+color+samples/

I've looked through these and I don't notice any real perceptible cyan
vignetting with this filter and lens.   I also did not notice any strong
flare that could be attributed to the filter.

The M8 really is capable of extraordinary color rendition.  These sRGB
versions don't quite do the pictures justice.

I've posted quite high resolution versions, so you can take a peak at the
incredible resolution this camera offers.

Mark Davison

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Leica M8 color studies)
Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Leica M8 color studies)
Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] Leica M8 color studies)