Subject: [Leica] NYC
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Wed Nov 15 16:06:30 2006

I am very happy with the response until now: I hadn't been
concentrating on photography these last 6 months (just some quick
snapshots most of the time) and I left home with a 28 that I only did
a few rolls with at Photokina, and a 15 that I had bought 2 months
ago but never used. So I was pretty unsure about the final results: I
had lost a lot of my 'moves'. (prefocusing, mesuring quickly and
accurately, choosing aperture, ...)
If you think about it, it's amazing how things went, really: 3 years
ago, I loved photography but didn't practice it. Then I bought a
Digilux 2 and discovered the LUG. After my Digilux 2, I had a 15 for
the first time: the first analog rangefinder-like camera that I
bought was a Bessa L at Stephen's with a  CV15 on it. Back then, I
shot 2 rolls with it -it is a great lens but of pretty limited use,
especially since I had no lens alternatives at the time- and then
sold it to acquire my first real Leica rangefinder: one of Nathan's
two CLs, with a Minolta 90/4 on it. I sold the CL to fund for my
first M -an M4-2-, then bought a 50 'cron, an CV 35/3.5 from Phong
(anybody hear from him lately?), and this year, went for an MP. And 3
lenses: a 50 Summitar from Sloboban, a new Zeiss 28 and a CV 15.
Black this time. So in 3 years 3 Leica's and a bunch of lenses. Do I
see an M8 blinking there next year? ;-)
Yep. Leica is pretty adictive for luring folks into photography. And
I can't say that of any other of the 30 cameras I tried in the
meantime...
Indeed, the curve has been pretty steep and a lot of you have helped
me to climb it.
I thank you all for that,
Philippe

Op 16-nov-06, om 00:30 heeft Ric Carter het volgende geschreven: