Subject: [Leica] Vuescan and Nikon ED 5000 woes again
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed Nov 15 05:37:24 2006

At 01:25 AM 11/15/2006, you wrote:
>Thanks, I had a fairly long end on the film, I did trim it and the
>problem became worse: perhaps I did not square off the edges, but
>really this is silly, I should be able to "direct" the scanner to
>start scanning where I want to. I try skype later, but I notice you
>are off line at the moment
>
>cheers

Alastair - I solve all of those alignment problems by mounting my B&W
negatives in slide mounts.  The Gepe and Wess mounts hold the film
flat and with the bulk loader for the LS5000 you can scan 40 slides
at a time.  Since the negatives are mounted individually in slide
mounts, you can also file them in slide pages by subject and edit out
all of the ones that belong in the round file.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Vuescan and Nikon ED 5000 woes again)