Subject: [Leica] ISO 2500 and another topic- chimping
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Tue Nov 14 12:42:49 2006

Stasys Petravicius wrote:

> Another topic- chimping. I took about a hundred shots with the DMR
> during the weekend. Did not chimp until at home in the evening.
> Everything fine. On the drive back home to RPV Calif.,  stopped to take
> some shots of the trees turning color- the DMR made some click as I
> depressed the shutter about half way- then completed the exposure. Took
> about 8 shots, got home and they were all black. I guess I need to START
> chimping! It doesn't pay to presume you're doing fine. Took more photos
> yesterday late afternoon- everything is fine. Stasys

Hi,

I don't understand what's wrong with chimping.
I thought that this is the great advantage of digital, being able to
check your shot right away and correct if nescecary.
Oke, if you're doing a wedding or trying to nail down the desicieve
moment you should keep your eye on the vf. Otherwise I don't care and
love the immediate feedback and getting the exposure spot on.

Cheers,

Michiel Fokkema

Replies: Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] ISO 2500 and another topic- chimping)
Reply from harrison at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] ISO 2500 and another topic- chimping)