Subject: [Leica] competition photo discussions: snapshot comments
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Nov 13 16:25:07 2006

Ted, last month there was discussion where some LUGgers thought we should
critique the entries, while anonymous. This was to improve
our photo skills. So, I started the thread to gauge interest. Alastair
contributed, too. However it's not been of interest. Never
mind.
I think that comments from the LUG are interesting and informative. I know
the judges do a great job. If the judges say why they
thought an entry was worthy as you suggested that would be great, too.

Meanwhile, Brian tells us there are about 1000 people on the LUG. Only a
small percentage are posting, entering or commenting. Don't
go stomping on the keen minority with uncle Ted decrees ;-)
Only Brian has a mandate to wield supreme executive power over us all. Don't
make us come over there and spank you. I've posted
about fifty odd pics this last month or so, had some helpful feedback from a
few kind folks and I've learnt a lot from the posted
comments on everyone's pics (most definitely including your comments).

Cheers
AusLUG Hoppy