Subject: [Leica] M8 and non-converted Leica M lenses
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sun Nov 12 12:46:19 2006

We've been discussing this for a while.

Nobody actually knows the answer. There is lots of speculation. Cynics are
speculating that the coding is good only for EXIF data. Computer programmer
types are speculating that the coding constitutes an information interface
that will be increasingly useful in the future. Loyalists are speculating
that the camera's firmware can correct known lens issues if it knows what
the lens is.

Replies: Reply from gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO) ([Leica] M8 and non-converted Leica M lenses)
Reply from leicanikon at earthlink.net (Stephen Gandy) ([Leica] M8 and non-converted Leica M lenses)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] M8 and non-converted Leica M lenses)