Subject: [Leica] Live View Electronics (was maybe a dumb question on the M8)
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw)
Date: Sat Nov 11 10:46:49 2006

Heat is the Enemy of EveryChip...

At the Seattle-area Leica Akademie series (2 nights earlier this week),
Ralph Haganauer gave a very thorough overview of the impact of heat on
pixels, especially the smaller sensor types use in consumer-grade
digicams.  There were excellent graphs showing the scale of noise
generated as the internal temperature climbs.

He then compared sensor and pixel size between these latter cameras
(including the PanaLeicas) to the DMR and M8 to demonstrate the
benefits of the larger sensor and pixel size in those systems.

Two nights very well spent.  Ralph has been shooting M and R for a long
time; it was  nice to listen to a "
company technical man" speak from a shooter's perspective.

Bob in Seattle