Subject: [Leica] OT: Maybe dumb question on M8
From: vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster)
Date: Sat Nov 11 10:07:54 2006

Well, I also got to play with a production M8 yesterday. And my last
observation relates to this thread.

1. It is an M leica, period. Handles like one in pretty much every way.
2. Focusing with a rangefinder is delightful after an absence of
three years in my case.
3. The focus is dead on accurate, patches aligned, etc.
4. The 28mm 4th generation Elmarit makes a fine normal lens with good
bokeh.
5. The images, shot in both raw and jpeg, reveal a level of fine
detail I've _never_ seen from a digital camera. (never shot a 1DsMkII)
6. Exposures were bang on.

and, unfortunately,

7. Dust all over the sensor in open sky shots. The reason I left
Canon originally. Dang.

If the shutter were left open all the time, as has been suggested
here for a live view, the non-self cleaning CCD would look like the
top of my dresser...

Will von Dauster

Boulder, Colorado

Message from harrison at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] OT: Maybe dumb question on M8)