Subject: [Leica] OT: Maybe dumb question on M8
From: Digiratidoc at aol.com (Digiratidoc@aol.com)
Date: Fri Nov 10 20:48:30 2006

In a message dated 11/10/2006 9:14:41 PM Central Standard Time,
carlmuck@verizon.net writes:

>I fully doubt it, the sensor is only live while the shutter is open
>(remember the M8 is an M but with solid-state film).

The Olympus E330 is an SLR with solid-state film. They can do it. Why not
Leica. Sony did it too.

>I can't imagine manual focusing on an LCD, don't imagine its got the
>same feel as ground glass.

Many new digitals focus manually by magnifying the central portion of the
image. Press the shutter when focus looks right. Simple. That's the way,
BTW,
*Leica/Panasonic* does it.

c.

My point is not that the M8 should use the LCD for focusing, the viewfinder
is far better for that. But it would be nice to be able to compose closeups
and
tele shots with the aid of the LCD with far better accuracy than one can do
with an M7 or any other M Leica. It's built into the M8 anyway, why not use
it
as an additional aid to make better pictures and expand the capabilities of
the M system? I personally don't think that's too much to ask of a camera
that
costs close to $5000. But maybe I'm crazy.

Jim

Replies: Reply from carlmuck at verizon.net (CARL MUCKENHIRN) ([Leica] OT: Maybe dumb question on M8)
Reply from harrison at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] OT: Maybe dumb question on M8)