Subject: [Leica] Near Phoenix
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Nov 9 15:30:46 2006

Walt, Steve and Jack, just a small related anecdote. While visiting the
camera gear reseller that is the source of my M's, I met a
gentleman with a 74 1.4 and a couple of other lenses. These were being
unceremoniously carried to the dealer in a recycled plastic
shopping bag. Anyway this gentleman made his living by photographing and
recording veteran's graves across the country and I think
some internationally. He was using a couple of M3's. Frankly he looked more
like a homeless person than a photographer carrying some
rather valuable gear. Very interesting chap to speak with. He was shooting
all slow ISO black and white work and told me that he was
undaunted by extremely long exposures on occasion. "My subjects aren't going
anywhere".
A very interesting niche to occupy, I think.
Cheers
Hoppy