Subject: [Leica] M8 magenta problems - Leica offer a solution
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Nov 8 22:31:05 2006

Frank, I offered to compile the list. The caveat was that you need to send
each coded lens to me for careful examination. Seriously
though, it seems very likely though that only a handful of coded designs
will initially become reasonably distributed. I'm sure that
Brian wouldn't mind a few paras of plain text in the FAQs with lens model
details followed by 1100010 or similar.
Brian in fact, has shown the first example in the wild with his 2.8 28
Elmarit 100100, I believe. Depending on whether the code is
model specific or just focal length generic,the data base might be very
simple indeed.
Cheers
Hoppy