Subject: [Leica] M8 magenta problems - Leica offer a solution
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Wed Nov 8 19:50:14 2006

Henning,

The IR sensitivity you described with the one IR photo you shared
appears to be much better then the D1H I purchased (very used) just
for IR work. That high sensitivity is a big plus for me in
considering the M8. I can easily filter out IR or UV but going the
other way if the sensor doesn't have the sensitivity it's absolutely
no good for IR sensitivity. IR photography with a RF camera like an
M7 or M8 is a big plus since you can keep the filter on the lens at
all time.

I'm also shooting UV using an EL-Nikkor on a bellows and I find a
very large difference in different sensor sensitivity to UV. A D200
has absolutely no sensitivity to UV (blank frames no matter the ISO
setting and the time exposed) where a D2X has very good sensitivity.
I use black light as a source, a B+W 403 filter and a Tiffen hot
mirror. So I'm curious if the M8 has good near UV sensitivity down to
about 350 nm as well.

Len