Subject: [Leica] Just Tried an M8
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Wed Nov 8 16:56:52 2006

One of the benefits of digital that I didn't really think about, until I was
already there...

The number of times I have to count frames before switching out to a new
"roll" is diminished.  I can shoot 600 pictures before having to change a
roll.  Many, many, many more if I shot jpegs instead of raw.

I no longer have to worry about going from a dark inside to a bright outside
to a dark inside to a bright outside to a... you get the picture.  And now,
so do I.  :)  Instantly changeable ISO is wonderful.  I think digital
cameras should have an ISO mode.  I'll pick the aperture *and* the shutter
speed.  Let the camera figure out what ISO to select to make it happen.  I
think one of the Nikons does this.  I'd love for the M9 to follow suit.

If I had $10k that I wouldn't miss, I'd plunk mine down for a pair of M8s.
But I don't, so I won't.  That's not to say that won't change in the future.
For right now, I'll watch from the sidelines.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/

Replies: Reply from michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] Just Tried an M8)