Subject: [Leica] Is there a M/LTM body that can couple below 2.5ft?
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Wed Nov 8 05:56:26 2006

Nope, with all the "close focus" lenses*, you have to guesstimate.
The early 21s would also uncouple and focus as close as 16" or so.
You had to be careful you didn't have the focus ring set in that
range and still be using the rangefinder -- easy to do. Probably why
Leica stop the practice with the later 21s but I sure miss it.

John Collier

*Dual range excepted as it does couple with the special goggles fitted.