Subject: [Leica] Is there a M/LTM body that can couple below 2.5ft?
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Wed Nov 8 05:34:54 2006

Hello list

I'm expecting a beaten user LTM Nikkor 2.0/50 from Singapore, which
should arrive in the next days. That lens can be focused down to 1.5
ft. Now, my M6 and the R-D1 allow coupling down to approx 2.5 feet
only; the M3 even to 3 ft. only.

My question - is there any M or LTM body that allows coupling closer
than 2.5 ft.? Probably not as the RF arm should follow the helical
tube inside the lens. Just curious as I wonder why Nikon has made
such a lens if there is/was no camera that could couple it close up.
Or was it just a goodie, for scale focusing?

Didier

Replies: Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] Is there a M/LTM body that can couple below 2.5ft?)