Subject: [Leica] Mac query
From: scheng at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Wed Nov 8 05:56:16 2006

Alastair,

Assuming you have Mac OS X 10.4, on the install DVD (Disk 1), there
is an install package called "Optional Installs" which if you double
click and walk through the dialogs, you will see a group called
Applications. Open that (click on the arrowhead), you will find
AddressBook.

As others have mentioned to you, it sounds like you are having some
problem with your disk. So first, before anything else, run
DiskUtility and click on the disk you have your System installed on.
On the bottom of the application window, you will see a bunch of text
description. You should see a line that says "S.M.A.R.T.
Status :Verified". If you see anything other than "Verified", you
should backup as much as you can onto another disk and replace that
disk. Chances are that disk is going to die soon.

If the disk is OK ("Verified"), then run "verify disk", if there are
disk errors, you need to boot off your install DVD/CD and run
DiskUtility from the menu bar a few screens "in" to repair the disk.

Hope this help. Feel free to contact me offline if you have any
questions.

Regards,
Spencer

Replies: Reply from allen.graves at charter.net (Allen Graves) ([Leica] Mac query)