Subject: [Leica] M8 Problems--Magenta faces.
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Nov 6 09:58:46 2006

At 12:49 PM 11/6/2006, you wrote:
>So, just how common is this magenta face problem?

I notice it most with tungsten lighting.

>Also, have you tried opening the image in Adobe Camera RAW (from
>Bridge) and running through the different lighting options? I shot a
>Make A Wish event indoors recently under a mix of fading daylight,
>flourescent and halogen. Putrid. I tried "flourescent" in ARC2 and
>got to 95-percent correct. Then I just futzed with the slider.
>"Shift-click," as they say, then choose Synchronize and problem solved.

I tried them all and none look natural.  Somebody said that the
Capture One software that comes with the M8 does a much better job of
converting DNGs.  I'll try that when mine gets here in a couple of days ;-)

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com